Thursday, April 26, 2012

Simple Simon

Lila's class did a nursery rhyme program and each child had to memorize a single assigned nursery rhyme as well as group songs and rhymes with moves.  Lila got Simple Simon and did a great job memorizing it.  She was very excited about this event!  She even got to invite family and friends to come and watch.  The morning of the program, all kindergartners went to school at 8:15am to do the program once for the whole school at 8:30 and again for friends and family at 10am.  Fun stuff.





Here they come!


Mrs. Bond, Lila's teacher and all the kindergarten kids from both classes.




Twinkle Twinkle

The audience

I'm a little teapot

Lila's crush, Joshua (shhh, don't tell her I told you that!)






Ring around the Rosie

Timbra, Alani and Airi




The Itsy Bitsy Spider



Lila did a wonderful job.  She remembered all the words and spoke loud and clear.

Simple Simon met a pieman going to the fair
Said Simple Simon to the pieman, "let me taste your wear"
Said the pieman to Simple Simon, "show me first your penny"
Said Simple Simon to the pieman, "But Sir, I have not any."




Looby-Loo







Lavender's Blue




After the program Timbra and the girls stayed to play.  Lila had a great time and was only mad at me for about 10 seconds for forgetting allergy free hot cross buns (they served hot cross buns to everyone after the show.)






Lila was trying to teach Alani how to hold the pie.  


Oops, accidental pie collision!


Lila's picture of Simon and the pieman.
Afterward, we headed to the playground for a bit.








Watching kindergartners doing programs like this is always so fun and a little comical.  I loved it and I think Lila was proud of herself.  Afterward she told me, "I had butterflies in my stomach, TWICE!" because they did the performance twice.  Mrs. Bond also told me afterward that she was proud of Lila because she gave her one of the harder rhymes because she knew Lila could do it!

1 comment:

Timbra said...

we had a great time and she did such a great job. ..thanks for having us. um, remind me to get you the vid!