Sunday, July 11, 2010

A family united

Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!

This post was written as part of The Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is about family and breastfeeding. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th through the 31st!



Nursing my babies has made family life less hectic. I can still take my son to soccer without lugging extra equipment and fresh water around. I can go anywhere at any time and not worry about running out of milk. I can go to my son's concerts (he plays clarinet) and have the perfect way to sooth a fussy baby. On airplanes my babies are always content to nurse. All those little things make such a big difference!

It goes beyond that though. I've heard my husband comment to a friend who's wife was expecting that he should make sure his wife breastfeeds their baby so he doesn't have to get up in the middle of the night! And not only does my husband get more sleep, I do too which is an amazing bonus! A well rested mom and dad definitely makes for a happy house.

I know that a lot of people are worried that dad or siblings will feel left out if they can't feed the baby, but I just don't agree with that. Babies need to nurse. They also need diaper changes, baths, clothing, rocking, shushing, play time, etc. My husband has found lots of ways to bond with baby with bottle feeding. Breastfeeding has made our family happy and connected. I wouldn't change a thing!
 
 Here are more posts by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.

No comments: