Being a La Leche League leader I help moms breastfeed on a regular basis. I hope that by just breastfeeding in what I consider a normal fashion I will influence moms to breastfeed. By nursing my babies in the open for others to see I hope to make breastfeeding an ordinary sight and encourage other mothers to do the same.
I have been touched by many women who have made it through rough breastfeeding experiences, but none touched me so much as that of an on line friend. When I was pregnant with my third child, Clarissa, and was involved in an online mothering forum I was contacted by one mother who had just had triplets. She was struggling and persevered like a champion! A year later after she had nursed them all for a year (I am still so proud of her!) she thanked me and that meant the world to me! I was very proud to have been a small part of the reason she continued to breastfeed her babies for so long.
I hope other mothers will also be influenced by me, even if it's only from the friendly smile I give moms who are nursing their babies in public. Just remember breastfeeding is normal and with the right information and support* YOU CAN DO IT!
*Find Support in your area: http://www.llli.org/
Here are more post by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.
- Renee @ Just the 5 of us!-You Can Do It!
- Sylko @ Chaotic Mama-Breastfeeding Carnival: Day 14 Final Day
- Timbra @ Bosoms and Babes-Influential Parenting
- Judy @ Mommy News & Views Blog-Helping Moms to Breastfeed
- Claire @ The Adventures of Lactating Girl-Knowledge is Power
- Laura @ Day by Day in Our World-Influencing Others on Their Breastfeeding Journey
- And of course the guest poster on the Breastfeeding Cafe’s blog today is Shelly Poole-Breastfeeding, The True Story