Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Reasons

Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!

This post was written as part of The Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is about the importance of breastfeeding. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th through the 31st!


Why is breastfeeding important to me? That's a hard question to answer. It's important for many reasons. Health, bonding, the list goes on. But the real reason is something I'm not sure I can put into words. It's important to me because it's important to my baby, to my toddler, to my child. I would say that Kurtis, my first child, helped me see why breastfeeding was beneficial by showing me how happy, healthy and wonderful he was from the day of his birth. Lila, my second, showed me that breastfeeding is important because it helps a busy baby reconnect with mom. Clarissa is still showing me that breastfeeding is important. Every day it helps sooth tantrums and ease a grumpy morning into a wonderful one. Breastfeeding is important to my child's health. It's important because maybe Clarissa won't have any more food allergies while she's breastfeeding. It's important because I don't want my children to suffer from asthma the way I do. But most of all it's important to me because it's important to them.

 
 
Here are more post by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.


No comments: