Wednesday, July 13, 2011

In Good Company

Welcome to The Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival!

This post was written as part of The Breastfeeding Cafe's Carnival. For more info on the Breastfeeding Cafe, go to www.breastfeedingcafe.wordpress.com. For more info on the Carnival or if you want to participate, contact Claire at clindstrom2 {at} gmail {dot} com. Today's post is about your first experience nursing in public. Please read the other blogs in today's carnival listed below and check back for more posts July 18th through the 31st!
 
 
I remember my first nursing in public experience like it was yesterday. I started going to La Leche League in southern California when I was pregnant with my first child, Kurtis. By the time he was born I had been going to lunch with the LLL ladies after each meeting. The first meeting after he was born I went along as usual. I actually remember feeling completely comfortable despite the fact that it was my first time nursing in public, despite the fact that we were at a table in the center of the restaurant, and despite the fact I that was spraying milk everywhere! I attribute this to the company. The women who I was with acted as if what I was doing was nothing more than normal, so why should I think any differently? My entire nursing career has been helped by this one event. I am very thankful for those women who thought nothing of what could have been a very nervous and embarrassing moment for me.

 
 
Here are more post by the Breastfeeding Cafe Carnival participants! Check back because more will be added throughout the day.

2 comments:

The Happy Hippie Homemaker said...

That's so awesome! I wish for every woman that they could have that kind of support! No wonder you're a LLL leader now :)

P.S. Glad you're back and your blog is online again :)

Renee said...

Thanks Xela! That was such a wonderful group of women! Kind of like our group here :)