Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Getting Crafty

Being housebound for going on four days with the flu circulating, I was about ready to pull my hair out. Yesterday I decided to brave the dollar store and stocked up on some new art supplies. Am I ever glad I did. Glitter glue is a little girls best friend!

Lila and Clarissa decorated foam butterflies






Lila used an entire bag of pom poms and then declared she needed a few more for an empty space, so we opened bag number two.


Silly girl pretending to put make up on!

Lila made the purple frame and I made the others with a little help from Clarissa.



I also got a bunch of pre-school activity books. Lila was LOVING them. She spent a lot of time counting, matching and tracing. I may have to go back for more!



Clarissa also enjoyed a bit of play dough time.


Kurtis, Lila and I have fully recovered. Poor Clarissa is having the hardest time getting over it, but she is much better than she was. We are just going to keep taking it easy this week and hope next week is a healthy one for all!

2 comments:

Astrid said...

Poor Mommy...the flu all the way around?!? I hate the flu. Dread it. Will send it to hell if it ever shows up here.

The crafts look like a blast. Maybe I should attempt it w/ the trips.

Timbra Wiist said...

we have that same care bears preschooler book :) for easter from my MIL to alani. ha ha. . lila needed a SECOND bag of pompoms b/c ONE spot wasn't covered. . . this is a lot of fun, it's nice to have simple "go to" crafts to keep the troops satisfied!