Tuesday, May 10, 2011

between this and that...

I haven't had much time for blogging. Jeff tilled my new garden, we got top soil and then in two days time (along with school, soccer, and a flute recital) I built and filled three boxes! Then I planted in one box yesterday when there was a break in the rain. Looks like I should be able to fill box number two with veggies tomorrow.

Jeff also bought and cut this wood for me and I stained it and put the boxes together with some help from Kurtis.






All three kids helped me fill the boxes!


Here are seven tomatoes, one cilantro, one basil and one pepper plant!
The other thing that has occupied all my time is Lila's new allergen free diet. She is slowly on the right path to recovery. She is having good days and bad, but all things considered she is quite a trooper! Right now her elimination diet excludes: dairy, soy, eggs, gluten, citrus fruit, citric acid (fruit derived), peas, chick peas, black-eyed peas, split peas, garlic, lentils, almonds, peanuts and asparagus. It's hard to tell in these photos, but she has small bumps and red patches all over her face. Today was a good day with no tummy aches! I just keep hoping for more and more of those!

No comments: