Sunday, March 20, 2011

getting brave, or stupid. not sure which.

I've volunteered to be the Volunteer Coordinator for the Breastfeeding Cafe this August. The bait was that Timbra has volunteered to be the chair. What could be more fun, right? We had our first planning meeting on Friday. I didn't take any of the kids with me so Airi was my buddy the whole time! She is so cute!
Kathy is one of my La Leche League co-leaders and a very talented artist that donates paintings to be auctioned for the Cafe.
Timbra and Melissa, fellow LLL leaders here in the valley.
Heidi and Amanda.
And that cute little Airi bug!
I'm sure volunteering for the cafe will be fun. Right now it's low key, come August I may have a different tale to tell!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Humph. I'm sad I missed the meeting. 4pm was just not working for us that day. And I'm still a little worried that expressing an opinion will mean I'll get roped into actually doing something.

And I think brave and stupid go hand-in-hand.

Renee said...

There is still time to get roped! ;)

LLLofMurray said...

Why do my baby and my belly look so big? And c'Mon c I need more fools uh I mean fabulous ladies on the committee

Rachel Ellis said...

Aww...sounds like you'll have lots of fun with those ladies. Say hi to Kathy for me would you?

Renee said...

yes, Rachel I will!