Tuesday, November 6, 2012

St. George Here Comes Trouble!

The day before heading out; Grandma pushing Clarissa in the stroller.
Packed up and ready to go!  Three kids, two parents, one grandma, one dog and lots of luggage!


Beautiful clouds on the way to southern Utah.

 Our motel, a very nice establishment complete with old mattress outside.


After arriving Jeff and I headed to the Dixie Center to pick up my race packet.  I grabbed a couple of posters so the kids could make me a cheer sign. UR the Bomb Mom sign made by Kurtis.
It took me about 15 minutes to pin that number on just right!
My gear, ready to go!

Motel room chaos!





The night before the marathon was very intense.  I was super excited and very nervous I'd forget something. I went over everything about fifteen times! I didn't forget anything for the race from home.  However, I did forget to bring my swim suit and regular shoes.  Luckily all I wanted to wear after the race was flip flops anyway.  I slept all of three hours that night, and not in a row.  I woke up at 3:25 am for the day, five minutes before my alarm went off.  I ate my banana and bar and got dressed in the hotel bathroom.  Then I went to the lobby to wait for Meghan and Rob to come get me.  SO very exciting!

1 comment:

Timbra Wiist said...

a very exciting lead up to the big day. . .fussing over getting your number JUST right for 15 minutes. . .teehee!