Tuesday, January 5, 2010

That's Right! Christmas Part IV!

My Dad came down from Savannah on Thursday (I think it was Thursday anyway!) to hang out with the crew one more time before we had to go. It was the most beautiful day yet. It was definitely t-shirt weather so we headed to Kona Skate park. Kurtis really enjoyed this park because of all the area to cruise around. He has really improved on a skateboard and really enjoyed skating Kona.



It was fantastic having my Dad there to hang out and enjoy the kids, but it was extra great for me as I got to really take a lot of up close photos and not worry about the girls.



This pool is Jeff's favorite part of Kona and he spent most of his time skating there.

Jeff loves to try to give me a heart attack! This doesn't to it justice, but that is quite a drop (it's over head high from the bottom) and has quite a bit of vert! Jeff, stop it!
Here is where having someone else to watch the kids really paid off (thanks Dad!) I got to get inside the bowl to take pictures. Everyone else thought it was quite funny and I think my Dad enjoyed himself with my one moment of horror as Jeff first came speeding my way and I scrambled backwards up the side of the pool! He never even came close to hitting me though!







This is a huge vert ramp at Kona. It's about 14' tall anf Jeff drops in like he's taking a walk in the park. Amazing!



Here is a little perspective on the ramp. Yeah, it's that big!

My Dad and Lila really had a good time at the park together laughing, chatting and watching the skaters. It was great to see you Dad!







2 comments:

Timbra Wiist said...

your photography is becoming more and more amazing. . . LOVE it. . .those were all awesome pix. . . you know what happens when you take risks for photos right. . . you get pied. . . watch out mama!!!

Renee said...

That is an awesome compliment coming from such a talented photographer! <3