Sunday, January 10, 2010

The beginning of a new decade.

It seems hard to believe that a decade ago I had only one child to fill my life with happiness. Not only did I have only one, but he was a tiny little guy a decade ago. Kurtis has practically turned into a man in this past decade and will become a man and move out of the house in this decade! *GASP* My only condolence is in the form of two sweet little girls that will not leave the nest just yet...


I had a little fun this week trying out my new tripod with the girls. Love it!
Lila actually took these two of Clarissa and I.

Clarissa enjoyed the hugs, I think.

Lila with her "Grinch who stole Christmas" face on.


A very somber Clarissa.


We also had some fun with finger paints this week. This was Clarissa's first finger painting experience and she had a blast! The girls had so much fun that we headed straight for the showers after!

We quickly switched to painting just on the hair chair with no paper. Worked out much better that way!








And because Lila thought dressing up Rocko seemed like a great idea... HA HA!
I know I still have a good half-decade with Kurtis, but now that he's getting older he's not always around for the finger painting and dog dress up parties. Guess I'll just have to enjoy what I can!

1 comment:

Timbra Wiist said...

hopped right over. . .i can't even think about how quickly the past ten years have gone, two nights ago i was like. . . ten years alani will be a teenager. . . and it will go TOO fast. . .stop thinking about it immediately and just enjoy the now!!! finger painting is a MESS! most of alani's early artwork was directly on the highchair tray, including washable markers. . .so easy to clean up!