Wednesday, September 26, 2012

A Year of Firsts

Kurtis' first day of high school.  This 10th grader stands 6'1" tall and has a voice only one octave above Barry White's.
Lila's first day of 1st grade.  She loves her friends and her teacher. She has had a hard time with the transition to full day school emotionally, but is doing fantastic academically.














 Clarissa's 1st day of preschool.  She loves it!  She loves her teacher, her friends, the school work and everything about preschool!  Her only complaint: Why can't she go more days!?










 Clarissa's buddy Jamison is also enjoying school and they go together on Wednesdays.
 The first week was probably hardest on Mom.  I cried a lot after Lila said, "Mom I don't want Kurtis to go to high school." When I asked why she answered, "Because that means he'll be grown up and move out soon."  Now picture me bawling like a little baby!  Oh my!  I've gotten more used to all the kids going and have enjoyed some runs and house cleaning without interruption.  I've even had the chance to go hiking and go to the gym with Jeff!  Now that is nice!

1 comment:

Timbra Wiist said...

WHAT? You didn't follow K to school and take all sorts of photos of him in classes? I don't understand :) So glad you blogged. . . sweet photos!